"Visiting a cute hipster cafe in SoHo filled with kitsch, mismatched decor — including an entire working bicycle parked in the bathroom."
Me: There’s a bike in that bathroom.
Friend: I guess sometimes you just really gotta go.
The world: OSCARS YAY.
Me: Insane property prices in HK ARGH.
Friend in Pakistan: Suicide gunman just opened fire 500m from our home, TTYL.
So I totally nailed all my resolutions for last year, but am super late to list out any resolutions this year.
Then again if I simply plonk them under Chinese New Year resolutions I am WAY early!
- Read at least 5 books
- Travel home at least once
- Travel somewhere else in Asia at least once
- Hold onto the old phone until Easter
- Move in with L
- Learn to bake one more really good dessert
- Stop procrastinating and finally fix that loose button on my black dress pants before I finally lose it which would totally serve me right
My 2 new countries for 2013 was the Netherlands and Belgium. In case ‘just having dinner indoors’ disqualifies Belgium, I also spent a day exploring Dubai architecture, but that was technically in January, and France doesn’t count as a ‘new’ country because I’ve been there before in 2003.
The one thing I have been consistently blogging about is my new year’s resolutions. I’m taking it as a good sign.